COVID-19 Response and Recommendations
This message is to share some important policies that we have implementedto ensure the safety of you, your family, your staff and our employees.
Posted 03/29: AFC’s Updated Operations:
- Our Service Staff will be responding to Emergency and Critical calls only. Please call us with your needs or concerns and we will determine if it is an emergency or something that can be scheduled at a later date. All tune-ups and scheduled maintenance appointments are in the process of being rescheduled.
- We will continue to make all of our fuel and propane deliveries. We may have to alter our town delivery schedules or make adjustments based on priority. Now would be great time to sign up for Automatic Delivery Service.
Posted 03/18: AFC’s Restricted Office Access Policy:
In light of recent recommendations from the local, state and federal levels and the ever evolving COVID-19 situation, AFC has reluctantly decided to restrict access to our offices and therefore will be closed to all foot traffic. Our employees will still be on hand to take calls, help with ordering fuel, scheduling and offering online support.
We are asking that if you want to make a payment to please utilize the online account access, pay by phone at 207-623-3851
or mail in your payment to:
P.O.Box 2226, Augusta, Maine 04338.
The Restricted Office Access Policy will be in effect starting 7 am, Wednesday, March 18 and will last until further notice.
Posted 03/15: AFC’s REsponse to COVID-19
- AFC has created a leadership task force that meets regularly to discuss any updates provided by the CDC, WHO and state and local government regarding any new safety recommendations.
- We’ve instructed all our employees, if they are not feeling well for any reason to please stay home. No employee of AFC will visit your home or business if they are showing any signs of illness.
- We encourage our staff to wash and sanitize their hands regularly; sanitize their work area regularly and to practice social distancing from others.
When we are visiting your home or business:
- All AFC technicians are supplied with protective gloves; they are well supplied with hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes. Our technicians have been instructed to use these between service calls.
- While we normally spend time in person going over your service issue, paperwork, etc, we are going to attempt to minimize personal interaction as much as possible for the immediate future and utilize alternative communication methods – a cellphone call or text, for example.
How you can assist us?
- If you have a service call scheduled and you or a member of your family or staff isn’t feeling well, we ask that you contact us and reschedule your appointment if possible.
- Our staff will begin asking a few simple questions when taking your service request: Is any member of your home or business ill? Are there alternative entrances or exits that can be utilized, etc?
- Consider using our Online Account Access Portal: You can make a payment, order fuel, and request service. 24/7.